Many self-proclaimed SEO experts will tell you that a Java script or a call to action will get you the results that you have been looking for from your website. But, that’s not the case! As the biggest and richest media company in the world, Google points out, there is nothing more important than quality web content to get you the top search engine slot.
The major difference between a high ranking and low ranking website is – content. With so many website owners going the SEO-friendly way, they tend to forget the importance of rich and quality content. The latter loses a lonesome battle to the chic banners and flash-based designs that ultimately result in the high bounce rates on the websites. Any visitor on your site leaves immediately on finding some verbage (verbiage + garbage) being posted in the name of web content. Therefore, it is the written text that counts more than just the images.
For a website to become Google-friendly, it is imperative to have good content. Written text on the website needs to be informative, well structured, simple to comprehend and free of glitches to make an impression on the readers’ minds. There are several aspects of good writing that need to be kept in mind while drafting online content for a website, such as:
Spelling and Grammar
A good website will have the least spelling errors and grammar mistakes. Remember that Google not only wants informative content, it also wants content that makes sense. Always spell check and do a double of grammar check for your website content.
Paragraphs and Sentence Structure
The paragraphs need to be short (1-4 lines) and the sentences need to be short, crisp with minimum use of medium or long sentences.
An optimized website content that is woven around the all-important keywords along with the LSI keywords (synonyms or similar keywords) is better than a bland piece of writing. Ultimately, we need the search engine crawlers to easily index our pages.
The best part about website content is that it should be dynamic. Frequently updated website content has a better chance of ranking high on the search engines, than sedentary and dormant web content.
Lastly, it is advisable to hire a professional web content writer to provide you good quality content at most times. If a business owner writes his own content, then the use of a proficient copywriter is equally important.0
- I Need a Website in Vancouver: How to Choose a Web Design Company
- Drupal Commerce Vs. Magento: Which E-Commerce Platform Works Best?
- Google Mobile-Friendliness Will Become A Stronger Ranking Signal In May 2016
- 5 Top Website Trends for 2016
- 4 BIG Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Website
- Why Doesn’t My Site Show Up on Google?
- 4 Steps to Increase Your Leads on Facebook
- 4 Tips On Building a New Website The Right Way
- Shopify VS Magento: Which One Is The Right E-Commerce Platform For You?
- 5 Great Reasons Why You Should Hire a Logo Designer
- Content Marketing Strategies That Positively Affect Website Ranking
- Should I Invest in SEO?
- Innovative Web Development Approaches that Boost Conversions
- Who Scored a Touchdown with This Year’s Best and Worst Super Bowl 50 Commercials?
- How to Choose a Web Design Company That Fits Your Needs