E-commerce - 29 Apr 2020
Useful Tips, Tools, and Technologies for E-commerce
At a recent Vancouver Web Design convention event, attended by more than 250 people, five industry experts discussed the most recent trends in the ever-changing fields of e-commerce design and development. Outlined below are their ideas and suggestions:
E-commerce Market Trends
It has been forecast that e-commerce and online shopping will continue to evolve in the coming days, weeks, and months, as over 50% of consumers look to the internet first when it comes to shopping for their needs. Going forward, you will want to keep an eye on the essential and emerging e-commerce tools and trends, to stay competitive in the marketplace. These include:
• Mobile responsive design
• A bespoke shopping experience
• B2B tactics using the latest B2C methods
• Artificial intelligence
Now Let’s Talk About E-commerce Platforms
The platform you use for your e-commerce website is one of the most influential decisions you will make. With a multitude of options available online, you may have a hard time trying to decide which option will best meet your diverse needs.
For many business owners, “the most optimum e-commerce platform” is no more than a myth, as there may be more than one option which will be a good fit, so we have examined three of the most popular e-commerce platforms. Hopefully, it will be easier for you to decide on the one you need to meet your requirements.
1. Shopify: This e-commerce platform is the most practical option for B2C websites (small to midsize) with less complex data. As it is a user-friendly cloud service, you won’t have a hard time setting it up. If you’re looking to have a Shopify site built for you, you will usually require a budget of $5,000, which will help you create a robust e-commerce website on the platform.
2. WooCommerce: This platform is suitable for B2B and B2C websites that are from simple to somewhat complex. Considered the best for content marketing, WooCommerce is an open-source plug-in for WordPress that requires specific measures for both hosting and security. It can easily be customized and businesses looking to invest in an e-commerce website built with WooCommerce and WordPress should plan for no less than a $10,000 budget.
3. Magento: Magento is a robust platform that’s sold in three editions; Magento Open Source (formerly Community Edition), Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition), and Commerce Cloud. Open Source is for middle scale businesses, while Commerce and Commerce Cloud are for larger enterprises that are already established. Based on open source technology, Magento is deemed the best for customization and integrations. Budgets are likely to depend on the edition you choose. The budget for building a website with the Open Source Edition ranges from $15,000 to $100,000, depending on scope. The Commerce Edition and Commerce Cloud Edition, on the other hand, require a license that is based on sales numbers, and starts at $22,000 per year. Design and development costs will depend on the scale and required functionality, likely starting in the $80,000 and up range.
Ecommerce Digital Marketing Strategies
Have no idea where you should start when it comes to digital marketing? Don’t panic. Digital Marketing is a perpetual cycle. From pinpointing your target audience to realizing their value and messaging them effectively, professional Digital Marketing will pave the way for you to achieve online success.
1. Identify Your Consumers: To begin with, select an audience segment that plays a vital role in your business. Now, try to identify the possible future value of these segments, which are more likely to create a sales impact. You need to think about how you can help your customers through their buyer’s journey, to eventually become leads.
2. Pay Attention to High-Value Customers: These comprise shoppers who buy high-value products in diverse categories. Customers who have viewed numerous products, or abandoned carts must also be identified. Why? Because they have the highest potential for making a future purchase.
3. Avoid Wasting Your Marketing Budget: Always consider productivity. Keep track of which messages were engaged with by your targeted segments. Reinvesting in the winning segments, while reducing focus on segments that see little response, is a great idea which will save your marketing budget.
Tips for Digital Marketing
• Ensure that key pages (home, product and, order confirmation) on your website have easy social sharing buttons.
• Incorporate a blend of tips, content, and inspiration. Make sure you ask questions and share ideas.
• Gauge, enhance, and experiment, as social media tools let you evaluate the most crucial and effective things that help you boost your performance.
• Let your customers use their current social profile to log in. It is good for them to reduce the necessary steps for registration, thereby adding to conversions.
Get in Touch with an E-commerce Expert Today
Ready to take your e-commerce business to the next level? Contact Nirvana Canada and book a free consultation to find out how they can help you transform your e-commerce website into a robust marketing tool.