Custom SSL Certificate - 28 Sep 2020
Secure Your Application with a Custom SSL Certificate
SSL certificates serve as a protective layer for your website or applications. This ensures that your mobile app is secure to process any payments. This also assures the users that their data will not get hacked, and it is safe to use that app. Regardless of which device you are using to access phones, tablets, or laptops, it is very important to add an SSL certificate on your application. Activating an SSL certificate on your site will help in boosting your trust among your customers.
If you haven’t purchased an SSL certificate for your application, then you need to obtain a CSR. CSR refers to the certificate signing request that is a small file to provide information about the certificate to be created. In this blog, we are going to discuss the essential steps that you can take if you want to install a custom SSL certificate on your mobile application.
How to install a custom SSL certificate on your mobile app
You can deploy a custom SSL certificate from Nirvana Canada. You should make sure that the app or website on which you are going to add this certificate is live on the domain, and DNS should be properly propagated. Here are several steps you can follow to add an SSL on your app:
• Log in to your custom dashboard and choose your target server on which you want to deploy your application.
• You need to click on the “www” option in the server box.
• Select your target application platform from the drop-down list. You can select from WordPress, PHP, etc.
• In the application management bar, you can select the SSL certificate option.
• Choose the option that you do not have any installed SSL certificate.
• Now, verify your SSL certificate to ensure everything goes well.
In this way, you will be able to add an SSL certificate on your website. SSL certificates are considered to be an important element to protect your mobile application from being hacked. If your mobile app uses sensitive information of the users, such as bank details, then it will be essential to install an SSL certificate on it.
By adding an SSL certificate on your mobile app, you will give two advantages to your users:
• They can easily transfer funds or do payments on your mobile app, without worrying about security.
• SSL certified apps are secure and not prone to hacking. This will also keep your users’ private information saved in a secure place.